Terms & Conditions - Good Causes
We want to enable as many organisations as possible to join the lottery as a good cause. As you will be joining under our overall gambling licence (Gambling Act 2005) we have to ensure that organisations meet certain criteria. There is no application fee.
Your organisation must:
- Provide community activities or services within Nuneaton & Bedworth, which are of benefit to the residents of Nuneaton & Bedworth
- Have a formal constitution or set of rules
- Have a bank account requiring at least two unrelated signatories
- Operate with no undue restrictions on membership
And be either:
- A constituted group with a volunteer management committee with a minimum of three unrelated members that meets on a regular basis (at least three times per year)
- A registered charity, with a board of trustees
- A registered Community Interest Company, and provide copies of your Community Interest Statement, details of the Asset Lock included in your Memorandum and Articles of Association, and a copy of your latest annual community interest report
You will be asked to commit to using the marketing materials provided and other means of communication to achieve at least 20 ticket sales within four weeks of being provided a page on the site.
We will not permit applications from:
- Groups promoting a particular religious, faith or political belief or activity
- A campaign that does not directly relate to the provision of community activities or services within Nuneaton & Bedworth
- Organisations that do not do work within the boundaries of Nuneaton & Bedworth
- Organisations which aim to distribute a profit
- Organisations with no established management committee/board of trustees (unless a CIC)
We are also unable to accept applications that are incomplete.
Nuneaton & Bedworth Borough Council reserves the right to reject any application for any reason without offering an appeals process.
Nuneaton & Bedworth Borough Council will reserve its rights to not accept or cease to license any organisation with a minimum of 7 days' notice for any reason. If fraudulent or illegal activity is suspected cessation will be immediate.
Once approved on the platform, you will receive:
- Your own webpage on the Borough Lottery website - with no set-up fees. You can edit your logo and description
- You will get 50p from every paid ticket supporting your cause that is entered into a weekly draw
- Monthly payment of the money you’ve raised through Borough Lottery - with no banking fees
- An online dashboard to track the performance of your lottery page
- A lottery helpline to help your players with any queries they may have
- Professionally prepared, seasonal marketing materials. Provided digitally in a range of formats.